Restorations for Dental Implants in Hendersonville, NC
For patients suffering from missing teeth we offer dental implant services in Hendersonville that will provide an effective solution. In some cases, patients look into other dental services, such as our denture treatments; however, dental implant restoration provides a more permanent solution for individuals. No matter your current situation, we want to help you achieve optimal oral health by presenting all possible options for your consideration. Together we can help you overcome the inconvenience and embarrassment of missing or failing teeth.
Defining Dental Implant Restoration
Dental implants act as a replacement for your entire tooth, including the tooth root. They are implanted into your jawbone, making them a more permanent fix. This implant will hold a replacement tooth or bridge which will look and act just like natural teeth.
No matter how many teeth you are missing, the procedure will be very similar. The implant is made of titanium, a strong, biocompatible material which successfully works with the body. The implant will not be seen once placed however. The abutment (we use Atlantis Custom Abutments), an extension from this implant will be screwed in, allowing us to attach your replacements and restore complete functionality to your mouth.
There are typically three main steps in the dental implant procedure:
- The first step is placing the implant into your jaw. The implant itself looks like a screw that goes directly into your jawbone and allows for the process of osseointegration to occur. Osseointegration is the organic bonding between your living bone and the implant.
- The second step is the attachment of abutments (extensions of the implant). Your new and improved teeth attach to these abutments.
- Finally, once your implants and abutments have healed, you will be ready to have your replacement teeth attached by our team.
Why Choose Dental Implants?
In the case that you’ve lost multiple teeth or if you suffer from chronic issues with your teeth, dental implants provide a more permanent solution than dentures. Because implants are placed directly into the jaw bone – stimulating growth – the restoration of your smile is as close to a natural, healthy smile as you can get. Here are some additional advantages of choosing this procedure:
- Implantation into the jaw bone will make your new teeth look and feel like your own teeth.
- You don’t need to worry about noises or shifting of mouth pieces like you might with dentures since the implants are permanently attached.
- If you are only missing one or several teeth, implants will effectively replace those that are missing and do not disrupt any existing teeth.
- Implants are durable and will last many years with diligent upkeep and care.
Making the Best Choice for You
Your oral health is our priority. No matter your situation, we want to help you make the best decision and give you the best information possible. Our team has a proven track record of providing effective dental implant restoration that helps patients dramatically improve their quality of life. We can help you confidently decide on the best teeth restoration approach for you – there may be a number of options including our dental bridge services that could provide you the solution you need. Contact our team today and we’ll get you in to start discussing which treatment is going to be best in restoring your teeth and smile.