Providing Porcelain Laminates in Hendersonville, NC
Having the beautiful smile you’ve always wanted is attainable. With the help of Dr. Nigel Morgan and his team, we are dedicated to not only helping you achieve your best oral health, but your best smile as well. We offer effective porcelain laminate (veneer) services to help improve your smile’s current state, no matter what it may be. This procedure allows us to redesign and reshape your entire mouth – by fixing a number of issues that may be detracting from your naturally beautiful smile. Many times, patients choose laminates to correct a number of issues including permanently stained teeth, cracked teeth, spaces, misaligned teeth, and chipped teeth.
What Are They?
Laminates/Veneers are wafer-thin shells of porcelain (or sometimes resin composite materials) which bond to the front of your existing teeth allowing us to change the shape, color and size of your teeth. We find that patients tend to choose this procedure to cover defects in front teeth as a result of permanent staining, damage due to an injury or to achieve a cosmetically enhanced smile. In addition to giving a beautiful and natural smile, they can provide strength and resilience comparable to natural tooth enamel. Veneers dramatically brighten teeth and improve your confidence and smile.
The procedure of applying veneers typically takes three visits. To understand the general procedure, here are the main steps.
- In the first visit, we will consult with you to discuss what it is you are hoping to accomplish from this treatment. We’ll be able to evaluate your smile’s current state and begin preparations for your new smile.
- Once we have put a plan in place, we will carefully prepare the teeth for the placement of the new veneers which may include the removal of a small amount of your enamel.
- Next we will take an impression of the newly prepared teeth.This impression will be sent to the laboratory for the final product to be created. This process is about two weeks. In some cases, a temporary set of veneers can be provided while waiting for the final set.
- Once we receive the veneers we need to bond them to your teeth. Once in place, we will harden the cement with LED technology.
Who Should Consider This Procedure?
Based on your particular situation, porcelain laminates could potentially be a great solution for you to consider if you want to accomplish any of the following:
- Close major gaps between teeth
- Correct misaligned, uneven or irregularly shaped teeth
- Fix chipped or broken teeth due to injury or other circumstance
- Improve the appearance of permanently discolored teeth
Maintenance of Your New Smile
Maintaining your porcelain laminates requires the same diligence as your original smile. Here are a few tips to keep in mind:
- Treat them as you would treat a natural tooth – continue to regularly brush and floss your teeth
- Use non-abrasive fluoride toothpaste which will not negatively impact the bond or material
- Schedule regular check-ups with Dr. Morgan to ensure the laminates are successful and for periodic professional cleaning using specially formulated polish
- Let Dr. Morgan know if you traditionally have an issue with grinding or clenching your teeth, and we can provide a bite guard to help prevent damage
Get the Smile You’ve Always Wanted
We offer porcelain veneers that will help restore your confidence and motivate you to smile more. We pride ourselves on offering the best dental service and experience in Hendersonville. We hope you will consider us for this service and any of the other services we provide that are meant to enhance your oral health and smile – natural tooth colored fillings. Contact our team today and we’ll get you in to discuss which treatment is going to be best for your individual needs.